Few doubt the benefits of implementing an EHR, but can confused on where to turn for help.
Indiana Health IT Blog
Welcome to IHIT, Inc.’s Blog. Please read, learn, and interact often. We plan to talk about health subjects all around the State.
Even though Indiana is at the forefront of the Health Information Technology, there is a severe shortage of skilled healthcare and IT professionals able to understand, apply and manage these emerging technologies.
As we blogged earlier, Ivy Tech has recently begun to offer classes in EMR implementation and optimization. These classes will help bridge the gap between healthcare and information technology.
The Indiana Health Information Technology Training Collaborative (I-HITTC) is a collaboration between IUPUI School of Informatics, IU School of Medicine, and the Regenstrief Institute. This program is funded through the Office of National Coordinator for health information technologies program of assistance for university-based training.
I-HITTC has developed and deployed the following IT training programs:
- Certificate in Clinical Informatics
- Certificate in Informatics for Public Health Professionals
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Management and Exchange
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Information Security
- Certificate in Informatics in Health Information Systems Architecture
- Master of Science in Clinical Research
Students also have the choice to work in the field for hands-on experience such as St. Francis Hospital, IU Health North, IU Health Methodist, or in an operational HIE.
For more information on the following, click on their name;